Public Notice - In Accordance with federal regulations and State Board Rule 160-4-7.03 the Jasper County Charter System assumes the responsibility for the location, identification, and evaluation of all children birth through age 21 that require special education and related services. All children who are suspected of having a disability and who are in need of special education are part of the child find process, regardless of age. This includes children who are:
- Birth through three who may or may not be referred to and served by the State’s early intervention program, Babies Can’t Wait;
- Preschool children, ages three through five, who may not be enrolled in Georgia funded prekindergarten program and kindergarten including children who are parentally placed in private preschools or daycare centers outside the school system;
- Children who are enrolled in a public school in Jasper County;
- Children who are parentally placed in private and home schools; or
- Highly mobile children, including migrant children;
- Children served in community programs such as a rehabilitation center, daycare center, etc., or other municipalities and
- Any other children suspected of having a disability.
For children transitioning from the Babies Can’t Wait program, identification/evaluation and placement for continued special education services must be completed by the child’s third birthday. The Babies Can’t Wait Services Coordinator will coordinate the transition with the Director of Instructional Support Services.
For Child Find information regarding the referral process for children enrolled in the Jasper County Charter System, a home school program or private school within Jasper County, or a preschool age child not enrolled in the Jasper County Charter System, please contact Ashley McElheney, Director of Instructional Support Services, at 706-468-6350 or email@example.com