JCCS Dress Code Policy
DRESS CODE – JCPK, JCPS, WPES
Students are expected to dress appropriately while in attendance at school. General appearance of students should
be reasonable and not distracting to others. Students are expected and required to show proper attention to
personal cleanliness, neatness and workplace standards of dress and appearance. When questionable the school
administrator will make the final determination of whether a student’s attire or appearance is in conflict with the
system policy. Students will comply with the follow dress code:
● NO pants with holes.
● Students are required to wear safe and appropriate shoes at all times. Sandals, flip flops and slides should
not be worn during physical education classes. Athletic or appropriate shoes for athletic activity, including
PE and recess, should be worn to maximize safety.
● Sunglasses may not be worn inside. Exceptions can be made by the principal for prescription lenses and
● Hats/hoods shall not be worn in the building or classroom.
● Students are expected to wear clothing in a normal fashion.
● No see-through garments; sheer see-through, or mesh see-through garments. Undergarments should not
be visible to others.
● Garments that are deemed too tight for the wearer (administrator’s discretion) will be deemed
inappropriate. Excessively form fitting garments are inappropriate.
● No skin may be shown between the button line and the beltline. No midriff type clothing is allowed.
● Clothing such as belts, flaps, etc must be buttoned or buckled. Overalls should be worn with tabs in place
and all hardware fastened. A belt is required for loose fitting clothes.
● Sundresses that are low cut in the front or lower than the shoulder blades in the back are not allowed. No
cutout areas in sundresses are allowed.
● No clothing, or jewelry bearing advertisements of alcohol or tobacco products or offensive, obscene or
vulgar language will be allowed.
● Any clothing, jewelry, hair, make-up, fingernails, or any other item which causes a disruption of the school
environment may be banned at the discretion of the principal.
JCMS/JCHS Dress code policy
It is our intent to provide an environment that is safe, orderly, and without distractions and disruptions that
interfere with or undermine the learning process. In keeping with this intent, all students are expected to dress
appropriately and exhibit good grooming habits. Students who fail to comply with the dress guidelines given below
will be referred to an administrator and will be expected to change into acceptable garments. School attire which is
not specifically covered in this section and which the administration believes is disruptive or distracting to the
learning environment also may be prohibited with the final decision made by the school administrator. A copy of
the school dress coded power point is located on the JCMS Web page.
DRESS CODE – JCMS and JCHS
The following attire is INAPPROPRIATE for school and must NOT BE WORN:
● NO pants with holes.
● Hoodies can only be worn with the hood down while inside the school building. If this is violated the
following process will be in place:
o Violation 1- verbal warning to remove the hood
Violation 2-parent contact
o Violation 3-parent contact and student may no longer wear hoodies to school for the remainder
of the year.
o Violation 4- students could receive ISS, OSS or assignment to alternative setting.
● Leggings MAY NOT be worn with items that do not meet the required length.
Leggings must be worn with shorts, dresses, skirts, and/or tunics that are 3inches above the knee.
● Sunglasses, caps, hats, and other non-religious head coverings such as bandanas and hoods can not be
worn inside the school building.
● Clothing which advertises, suggests or displays any insignia of alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco.
● Clothing with obscene, vulgar, or suggestive language or design.athletic
● Clothing with words or symbols, such as pictures and emblems, which advocate violence and/or terrorism.
● Clothing with signs, symbols, drawings or writing which show allegiance, affiliation or reference to any
non-sanction group or political ideology.
● Colors, bandannas, articles of clothing or paraphernalia which promote or identify with a non-sanctioned
group or political ideology.
● Clothing that exposes or accentuates the torso while standing or sitting, such as spandex pants,
see-through garments, uncovered leggings, yoga pants, halter tops, spaghetti straps, backless dresses,
tube tops, tank tops, muscle shirts, bare midriff outfits, or shirts or blouses that are tied at, or may rise
above the waist, off the shoulder tops.
● Shorts, dresses and skirts must be no more than (3 inches above knee) when worn properly around the
waist and when standing upright with shoulders in a relaxed position.
● Sleepwear cannot be worn including, but not limited to, pajamas, gowns, bathrobes, slippers, blankets,
In addition, the following rules apply:
● Clothing such as belts, flaps, etc. must be buttoned or buckled. Overalls should be worn with tabs in place
and all hardware fastened. No chained wallets may be worn.
● Trench coats are unacceptable. Hooded coats are acceptable, but hoods are not to be worn while in the
● Shorts/pants must be worn with the waistband at the waist; “sagging” is unacceptable.
● Chains and chain link or studded belts that could be used as a weapon (as determined by an
administrator) will not be permitted.
● Slides and/or flip flops should not be worn.
Students in violation of the dress code may be asked to:
● turn clothing inside-out to hide inappropriate images/text;
● tie a belt of some type around pants if they fit inappropriately;
● change into alternate clothing provided by the school; or
● contact parents for a change of clothes.
Non-compliance with dress code will result in assignment to an alternative learning environment. Chronic violators
of the dress code will be handled as indicated in the Code of Conduct. Administrators shall have the authority to
interpret dress code and make case-by-case determinations for appropriateness of dress that is not covered
elsewhere in this policy.
Administrators shall have the authority to interpret dress code and make case by case determinations for
appropriateness of dress which is not covered in this policy.